|The Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE) certification course should help you gain a deeper understanding on the HIPAA law requirements in regards to the HIPAA Privacy rule and guide as well as the basic overview on how to ensure your organization attains the HIPAA compliance standards. The HIPAA Privacy training consists of changes in the in the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) act which is also a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 and Omnibus rule of 2013. Otherwise, it should prepare you for the CHPE HIPAA certification test.HIPAA Privacy Training Target Audience:
We encourage you to call us to discuss your job role so we can recommend the appropriate HIPAA course to meet your learning objectives.
Total Course Duration: 15 hours
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking update courses when they are released. You will receive new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the update courses regularly.
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
CHPE Certification Test Only: $150 per attempt
HIPAA Privacy Training Certification Test:
The test takes 1 hour 5 minutes only where each chapter will take an average of five minutes and in case you pass you should be able to print your results immediately but if you fail the test you will have to pay $150 for retake.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 15 CE credits for this course through Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
Chapter 3 – Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
Chapter 5 – HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
Chapter 6 – HIPAA Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 – Privacy Rule – Organizational & Individual Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities
Chapter 8 – Privacy Rule – Notice of Privacy Practices
Chapter 9 – Privacy Rule – Uses and disclosures of PHI
Chapter 10 – Privacy Rule – Safeguards
Chapter 11 – HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
Chapter 12 – American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
Chapter 13 – The Omnibus Rule
Chapter 14 – 2017 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits
Total Number of Slides – 507
The above HIPAA privacy training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert:
- Supremus Group LLC has a fantastic training great for employers of all sizes and industries to help get their professional staff trained.Jennifer Akers
Human Resources Manager
- The healthcare vertical continues to march towards an ever increasing digital delivery model. Along with this change arrives enhanced risk involving patient health information. It is the obligation of all stakeholders involved in the delivery of care and especially providers to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise concerning HIPAA and HITECH related compliance policies and procedures. The training I received from HIPAATRAINING.NET was up to date and relevant resulting in my ability to pass the CHPE exam. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in gaining a more formal command of the relevant HIPAA Privacy related requirements.S. Vincent Grasso, D.O.
Informaticist / Business Analyst / Surgeon
Chatham, New Jersey
- The online course and the manual are excellent materials to update prior HIPAA training and are also an excellent resource for novices in HIPAA compliance. The concise summary of the HIPAA provisions in the ARRA rules really focused its impact on existing HIPAA regulations.Jean Beard, CCP
Compliance Audit Manager
- “The hipaatraining.net CHPE course gave me an excellent opportunity to develop my understanding of the past, present and future compliance issues associated with HIPAA. Each of the instructor’s presentations focused on the specific issues faced by covered entities, and the test questions allowed me to view the various regulations from the perspective of a DHHS investigator. I look forward to using the information I learned in developing my law practice and resolving the specific HIPAA-related issues of my healthcare clients.”-Amit Trivedi
- HIPAA Training course has enhanced my knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule as it applies to, administrative, physical, and technical components in a work setting and actual application to work. This course is beneficially comprehensive; it covered Privacy and Security Rule, Code Sets, Use & Disclosure , Organizational and Individual, Relationships, Rights and responsibilities, and other HIPAA topics.
While taking this course I was factoring in and taking notes in the areas where our agencies needs improvement or areas that are neglected.In addition, to being comprehensive this course also provides guidance in planning and implementation, such as compliance frame work, conducting a risk analysis, to creating or enhancing exiting policies and procedures. It seems most course merely throw you information and don’t provide you guidance or implementations. I was ecstatic on the section on policies and procedures as this is one of my duties. I plan to use this knowledge as a HIPAA Compliance Office and as the designated policy coordinator.
The information is current and provides “addendum” and links to those “moving targets” or ever changing information. It should be mentioned not only are the links current they work and are in not “sorry page not available” mode. I appreciated the graphics to further explain certain topics. The graphics help as some people are visual learners. The HIPAA “helpdesk” was always available and immediately responded to my email questions.It is obvious this training was created by people from numerous disciplines; administrators, policy makers, judicial, behavioral health providers, doctors, etc……..
I highly recommend this HIPAA Training course it’s valuably comprehensive and critically applicable.Respectfully,
Joann Flanagan, M.Ed., LADC, NCACII
Quality Assurance Specialist III
State of NevadaDivision of Mental Health Developmental Services (MHDS)
- Anyone seeking a more comprehensive understanding of the HIPAA and HiTech rules and regulations should consider taking the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert course through the Supremus Group. After taking this course I have a better understanding of the administrative, physical and technical aspects of the HIPAA regulations enabling me to stay HIPAA compliant on the job.Carol Cox
The Denver Hospice
- I found the course to be extremely informative. I had basic HIPAA knowledge prior to this training. I now feel comfortable in my title as Privacy Office. The course material and handout information are excellent references. The instructor was very insightful and kept my interest throughout the program. This program was money well spent.Phyllis Jacobs, RHIT
Director of Health Information ManagementYoakum Community Hospital
- The course training was a very detailed, thought-provoking explanation of the HIPAA privacy requirements. The instructor was very knowledgeable of all aspects of the HIPPA privacy and security rules. The course has prepared me to address office, departmental and individual privacy issues.Sue Hilkemeyer
Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan
- The instructor was as expert on the subject matter. He presented the material in a very interesting and understandable way. His presentation was extremely effective. The use of real life examples helped me to understand how the material would apply to my particular position at my company. The instructor had also taken time to understand our company and how it worked and was able to use examples specific to our particular jobs at MCHCP. The instructor allowed us to ask questions and still managed to stay on task and meet all deadlines. This course has allowed me to gain knowledge regarding HIPAA that I would not have gotten from other classes.LeAnn Perkins
Missouri Consolidated Health Care plan
- The HIPAA course is an extremely useful course for all in the healthcare industry. It provides an in depth look at the rule itself as well as the laws and regulations governing the rule. The instructor is extremely knowledgeable and provides the information in a methodical manner that is easy to follow. I have recommended this course and will continue to recommend this course to all my colleagues.Thank you Bob for all of your support during this course.
Janice E. Durden, MBA, CCRA
Senior Vice President Clinical Operations
- The self-paced HIPAA certification and training is an excellent program for anyone in the Health Care profession. The instructor is very knowledgeable and gives real life examples that are easy to comprehend. I will highly recommend this course to colleagues who need to strengthen their knowledge of HIPAA.Renee Greene, CCRP
- The CHPE coursework is very intense. It covers all of the required elements that are needed to get you prepared for the final exam. I would highly suggest that you take sufficient notes during the course if you don’t purchase the book. I would highly recommend printing off the addendums. I was extremely pleased with the way the coursework was presented. If you are wanting to enhance your knowledge base, this course will definitely do that.
Thanks so much!!Stephanie M. Giberson, RHIT, CHPE
- The Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy and Intermediate Security Training class was well structured and thorough. The combination of the course book chapter reviews, PowerPoint presentation slides and instructor notes were extremely helpful and prepared me for the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE) certification exam. I’m confident I’ll excel in the Privacy related responsibilities associated with my new role.Lisa Nitz
If you have any questions with reference to the course or certification test, feel free to contact us at Bob@OnlineHIPAAtraining.net or call us at 515-865-4591.
Online HIPAA Privacy Training for CHPE Certification is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 287 users.