|This HIPAA Compliance Training will assist you in understanding the HIPAA Privacy rules and standards in respect to the HIPAA Privacy and security policies. This training is developed in respect to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) act, a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), Omnibus rule of 2013 and Electronic Health Records (EHR) & meaningful use incentives. Otherwise, the training prepares trainees for the CHPSE HIPAA certification test.
HIPAA Compliance Training Target Audience:
We encourage you to call us to discuss your job role so we can recommend the appropriate HIPAA course to meet your learning objectives.
Total Course Duration: 25 hours
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking update courses when they are released. You will receive new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the update courses regularly.
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
HIPAA Compliance Training Test:
Once you pass the test you can print your results immediately but if you fail the test you will be required to pay $180 for the retake.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
Chapter 3 – Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
Chapter 5 – HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
Chapter 6 – HIPAA Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 – Privacy Rule – Organizational & Individual Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities
Chapter 8 – Privacy Rule – Notice of Privacy Practices
Chapter 9 – Privacy Rule – Uses and disclosures of PHI
Chapter 10 – Privacy Rule – Safeguards
Chapter 11 – HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
Chapter 12 – HIPAA Security Rule – Threats and Technology Options
Chapter 13 – Advanced Administrative Safeguards
Chapter 14 – Physical Safeguards Overview
Chapter 15 – Advanced Physical Safeguards
Chapter 16 – Physical Safeguards – Data & Media Management
Chapter 17 – Security Technical Safeguards Overview
Chapter 18 – Security Advanced Technical Safeguards
Chapter 19 – Digital Signatures and Certs
Chapter 20 – Security Policy and Standards
Chapter 21 – American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
Chapter 22 – The Omnibus Rule
Chapter 23 – The Meaningful Use
Chapter 24 – The Red Flag Rules & Healthcare
Chapter 25 – HIPAA Solutions Part 1
Chapter 26 – HIPAA Solutions Part 2
Chapter 27 – 2017 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits
The above HIPAA Compliance Training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert:
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 25 CE credits for this course through Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
- This course is packed full of useful information that is needed to succeed. I did find a few hiccups within the practice test and final test. I will admit that this made things a bit confusing at times. I contacted Mike at Supremus Group and he was very helpful and responsive to finding a solution for my concerns.Joshua A. Thompson
Risk Management/Compliance Coordinator
Modoc Medical Center
- Thank you for the valuable assistance you provided me while I train to become HIPAA Certified for my position as Health Information Manager for Bois Forte Reservation Health and Human Service Department. As a new Health Information Manager for two small tribal community clinics, I was seeking a reputable training organization to obtain my certification for HIPAA Privacy and Security Official. I conducted my research and sought out further assistance from coworkers in the field. My Health and Human Services Director provided me with a website for the Supremus Group along with a few other training options. It was a daunting task to determine which training was reputable, comprehensive and priced right. My knowledge of HIPAA was basic and the requirements for my job would require me to get additional and a comprehensive training. I zeroed in on the Supremus Group as they offered the most flexibility and best options for receiving my certification. I could attend a class in person, do an online class with or without an instructor. The cost was manageable and appeared to be the most comprehensive training available. To save money and time I opted to complete the online training and purchased the in-depth manual for reference materials. The online course covered all the information I would need and the delivery method was appropriate for an online course. Each chapter provided concise chunks of information making it easier to absorb and understand. The structure for the training was clear, logical and effective indicating much thought and expertise went into designing this comprehensive online training. The exam was extremely comprehensive. The test questions challenged the learner to know and be secure in their answers.I would recommend this training to become certified in HIPAA, Privacy, and/or Security. They have a number of different products and training that I will be sharing with my own network of professionals working in the field.Sincerely,
Pamela Parson – Health Information Manager
- Having our team complete the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) course has been a rewarding experience. The course challenges you and gives you the information and knowledge you need to bring your HIPAA Team to the next level. This is a course I would recommend to other organizations that are trying to expand their HIPAA Privacy and Security Program.Candace Wrage
HRO Operations Manager
Kforce Services Corp
- I would recommend this course to anyone that is looking for a comprehensive knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security. The course was well organized and flowed from one topic to the next very well. After completing this course I feel confident that I will be able to maintain compliance in my office.Carrie Staggs
- The training I received at HIPAATRAINING.NET resulted in my passing the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) Certification Exam. This credential attests to my related subject matter expertise and is expected to translate into a greater degree of credibility concerning my business related activities in migrating healthcare delivery organizations to a fully digitized, secure, and scalable mode of operation.S. Vincent Grasso, D.O.
Informaticist / Business Analyst / Surgeon
Chatham, New Jersey
- The Supremus Group’s HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) program was a very challenging experience. The training programs provided covered the full spectrum of knowledge necessary for HIPAA Compliance. As a Security and Network Architecure Consultant, the program challenged my skills and allowed me to attain a certification that will allow me to provide a higher quality of service to my clients and it gives a professional certification to show my mutual investment as a Business Associate.Kirk Crespin
- I spent a great deal of time reviewing the many programs offered on-line for the various levels of Hipaa Certification and the contents offered in each study program before making my decision to invest in the CHPSE Course offered by The Supremus Group. Not only was I looking for a course that was very detailed in the information but also a company that had national and international recognition. I found both with The Supremus Group! The various subject matters covered in the course did give a general overview but then continued on into very definite details and useful examples in the areas of Hipaa Law requirements for the Hipaa Privacy & Hipaa Security Rule and making your health care organization Hipaa compliant. The course also covered changes in the Hipaa regulations due to the HITECH Act and ARRA which will serve as valuable knowledge throughout my career in H.I.M. The Power-Point slides and the lecturer for the course were both excellent at capturing and holding your attention and the course study book will serve as a great ongoing reference tool. Last but certainly not least there were more than a few times throughout the course that I had questions and there was not one time that they were not answered for me right away after submitting them via email.
This is an excellent company with an excellent product!Thank You Bob Mehta and Supremus Group!
Ella P. Gardner
Northern Michigan Regional Hospital
- I found the CHPSE online course to be the perfect combination of live lectures with slideshow, book work including review questions and practice test. Any individual who reviews the provided materials will definitely pass the certification exam with no problems. I think every HIPAA Officer would benefit from this extremely informative and useful course. Overall the course was easy to use, materials were very educational and the consumer service was top-notch!Martha Wewer
NC State Health Plan
- Our organization completed the instructor-led HIPAA training in June 2011. We were very pleased with the depth of knowledge and expertise of the trainer. He provided real life examples we could relate to and customized the training to help provide some guidance particular to our organization. For the non-tech staff, the instructor was instrumental in helping us understand the more complex provisions of the security rules.Garry Kornrumpf, CPA, CIA – Director
- As an IT professional and Trainer, I found your online lectures very helpful and complete. This training and your templates have been a great help to me in providing compliance services to my client’s. Thanks again.Duane Ragland | Systems Engineer
MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, SCNP, CCNA, CHPSE
- I needed a HIPAA training program that would provide a complete understanding of the privacy and security rules for my technical team as they built and supported applications in hospitals as Business Associates. The online training from the Supremus group provided the detail, accuracy, and currency that I was looking for.”John Hotchkiss
- It has been nine months since I passed the CHPSE exam. The exam was challenging to take. However, I felt that the study guides and on-line training were thorough in preparing me for the exam. I have been able to utilize the CHPSE study guides as reference material in my everyday role as HIPAA Access and Risk Control Manager for my healthcare clearinghouse client. I recommend the CHPSE certification to anyone who is serious about obtaining a comprehensive understanding and expertise in HIPAA/HI-TECH ACT.Walter Boyd
- I am the Controller for a company that provides document management services to attorneys. As a Business Associate, we needed to understand how to be in legal compliance with the contracts we have with Covered Entities as well as the statutes set forth in the HIPAA laws. The comprehensive CHPSE class gave me the tools to do just that.Keri Grimmett / Controller
XACT DATA DISCOVERY
- I am very happy with the CHPSE course. I felt I knew HIPAA pretty well, but realized there was much more to compliance that protecting patient charts. I have used the information provided by you and my instructor to review our policies and procedures and develop a true compliance program for our employees. I would not have the confidence to proceed as I am without attending your class.Michael Popp
- Excellent material and exactly the complete and current Hipaa training that I needed. I highly recommend the video training along with the student guide for reference,Dan Mckenna
- My Instructor for the classroom sessions was very knowledgeable about all aspects of HIPAA Privacy and Security and was able to provide extremely detailed coverage of the course materials. He took the time to provide relevant examples and to discuss the course content as it related specifically to our business. In addition, the course manual, resource CD and test preparation software provided a comprehensive approach to exam preparation and will continue to be useful resources back on the job.Elisa Walden
- The online HIPAA course was very detailed and informative. The HIPAA Training and Certification Guide that goes along with the online course is a great tool, and is a resource that I will continue to reference in the future. As my organization’s dedicated Compliance Officer, I chose to take the CHPSE course. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a comprehensive understanding of HIPAA, and anyone tasked with the privacy and security of their organization.Heather MacDougall
Director of Human Resources
- I was quite happy with the quality and thoroughness of the training course. I must admit I learned a great deal of information which I am certain will be useful in my day to day work and which will ultimately benefit the patients, clinicians and organizations that we will work with. I would certainly recommend the course to anyone who is looking for an in-depth explanation of the complexities of HIPAA compliance.Sincerely,
Adam L. Kushner, MD, MPH
Founder – Jora Inc.
If you have any questions with reference to the course or certification test, feel free to contact us at Bob@OnlineHIPAAtraining.net or call us at 515-865-4591.
Online HIPAA Compliance Training for CHPSE Certification is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 1221 users.